Job TitleDual Enrollment Instructor Medium and Heavy Truck Equipment Instructor Pie Center in Cleveland TN
Full-time Dual Enrollment Medium and Heavy Truck Equipment Instructor – Pie Center Cleveland
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Athens is accepting applications for the full-time position of Associate Instructor in the Heavy and Medium Truck Equipment Technology program at the Pie Center in Cleveland with dual enrollment students. This is a ten-month contract position.
• Technical Diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education training. A
comparable combination of education and directly related experience may be considered.
• Minimum of three years of experience in the diesel mechanics field within the last five years.
• Strong hands-on technical background in the field of instruction.
• Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor and to interact with high school and adult students.
• Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
• Must possess computer skills.
• Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students a plus.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, students and the general public and industry.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Medium and Heavy Truck Equipment Technology Instructor will
perform the general duties of an occupational instructor. Areas this position include, but are not limited to: providing classroom and lab instruction to high school and adult students, monitoring individual students’ progress, recruitment and placement of students. The Medium and Heavy Truck Equipment Technology Instructor will report to the Pie Center Director. Scheduled work hours are 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until job is filled. This is the last day to turn in your resume and application.
A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
TCAT Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Kim Davis, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1635 Vo-Tech Drive, Athens TN 37303 423-744-2814. The TCAT Athens policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatathens.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer